Friday, April 15, 2011

Super Terrific Yard Sale Bargain

I have been eying this set at Target for YEARS now. Years!!!! I just could never bring myself to spend $120 plus the time to assemble it. Then there is the issue of buying the food and accessories for it. Still, I have wanted this thing oh so badly for may, many, MANY months now.

Our subdivision has two set weekends a year for people to have their yard sales. It's completely crazy and wild, but the bargains are worth it. I usually will drive through, but not stop for much. I was driving by one today and there it was. It was in all its glory. I HAD to stop and get out immediately to look more closely at it.

The price tag? $35. Surely something was wrong with it. Scratches, dings, dents? Anything. Nope! It didn't even have a finger print on it. To top it off, it had food and accessories for it. There is an oven mit, crazy utensils and so much more. Could it be true? Could the gods really be looking down on me with smiles and allowing me to get something for my kids that I've always wanted for them? Really??!!?

I asked the seller about it and she told me her granddaughter had gotten it this past Christmas, but didn't want it. She never even touched it. Are you kidding me?!?!? THIS is a work of art. It was so new that it still had all the stickers on each piece of wood that tell where each piece went. Literally, this fine toy had never even been touched by little hands.

I can't imagine the child who complained that she didn't want it, but I must say I'm oh so grateful. There is no way I could have gotten this for my kids with all the stuff to come with it at this price. As a bonus, it's even already assembled. All four of my youngest kids are so excited. They've been cooking, mixing, stirring, eating, selling, concocting and anything else you can imagine four young children can do with a brand spanking new kitchen set.

My house is a mess and there are dishes and laundry to do, but I don't mind one bit. Tonight I will sleep like a baby. Why? I'll be resting well knowing that I, AimeeTheSuperMom, scored a super terrific yard sale bargain.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Do a party dance for that one!! What a great find. If you want any more deals our neighborhood is having theirs on may 14th.