Saturday, June 18, 2011

Proud Mommy Moment

Aiden has had a rather eventful year what with the incident involving him being given in school suspension for saying something that even the administration acknowledges he didn't mean to say and wouldn't ever say again. He's had a new (and AMAZING teacher), enjoyed the benefits of his new school, gone to fifth grade camp, made new friends, learned some crazy new skills, hit on some fairly cute girls, and well...he's done pretty dang well. Even with his one "incident", I must say that I am thrilled with the school and delighted with how well this transition has gone for him.

I got to have my proud Mommy moment when I got a letter in the mail inviting me to his awards assembly because he earned an award. Hopefully the picture is clear enough that you can see what it is. In addition to the one in the picture, he also got perfect attendance. Yep. I'm proud. Way to go, Aiden. I always knew you had it in you!!!

Can you see it?  That's the Presidential Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement, and it's even signed by our own Barack Obama.

No comments: