Thursday, August 2, 2012

Let The Back to School Countdown Begin!!!!

13 days until school starts!!! The bus arrives at 7:15 for Liam, 7:45 for Aiden, 8:09 for Rachel and CJ, and 8:45 for Drezden.  Not that I'm counting or anything, but that means THERE ARE LESS THAN TWO WEEKS UNTIL SCHOOL STARTS!!!!!  Wahoooooo!!!

It may sound like I'm one of "those moms" who is eager to ship her kids off to the local public school to take care of them while she goes to lunch with her husband, uses the bathroom alone and uninterrupted, goes Clearance shopping without a bunch of begging little monkeys in tow, spends hours on end cuddled up with a certain new baby, puts her feet up and watches trashy tv on the laptop, or cleans the house and enjoys it staying that way for a full hour or so. Really, I have much better motives than all that for sending them to school.  I mean, what sort of mother would I be if I admitted that I'm happy to send them to school so that I can get a break?  Nope.  I'll never admit that. At least not out loud anyway.

I'm trying to think of my darling little angels and their best interest. Three months out of school causes brains to turn to mush and boredom to set in. Do you know what happens when you put six bored children with mushy brains all in the same house for three months?  Let's just say some of what I've witnessed this summer could be used as tactics to get prisoners in the big house to confess to just about anything.  We wouldn't want these poor, sweet children to be too bored now would we?

And, really, think of their friends. It seems I'm going to have to sacrifice my time with the kids to send them to school so that they can grace their friends with their presence.  It just wouldn't be fair to the rest of the world if I kept my children all to myself and failed to share them with all of their adoring fans.

Let's not forget the teachers. In this economy, keeping a job is hard enough. If I kept my little brood here at home, those poor hard-working teachers would have nowhere to work and would find themselves homeless on the streets just wishing they could have had amazing children like mine to teach.  I can't let those teachers down. I know they wake up every morning and think, "Gosh! I just can't wait for those SuperMom kids to come to my class today!" By sending my kids to school, I'm putting food on the table of some underprivileged teacher who just wants nothing more than to spend eight hours a day five days a week with my angelic offspring.

And let's not forget the bus drivers. I know for a fact that they wake up at the butt-crack of dawn and excitedly throw on their clothes and rush out the door with only one desire in their hearts: they want to listen to my kids' voices non-stop all the way to and from school.  How could I deny those bus drivers such a privilege?  It seems like the least I can do really.

I know it could seem to some people that I am just thrilled to finally have a few moments of peace and quiet all to myself to just breathe in and out...and eat chocolate.  That is not the case, friends. This going back to school thing is a VERY serious business and a sacrifice, one that I make with a heavy heart.  Being the selfless, amazing person I am, I choose to allow my precious angels to go off into the world of school and spread a little sunshine.  So, it's with a heavy heart that I say LET THE BACK TO SCHOOL COUNTDOWN BEGIN!!!!!

No comments: