Wednesday, January 23, 2013

It's Time to Get Back on the Bandwagon

I haven't touched the blog in ages. I've been putting all my updates on Facebook and thinking that was good enough, but I'm realizing that it's not good enough.  I need something that I can print out someday and make into a book. Or a binder. Or something.  I want my kids to really know who I am when they're not with me every single day anymore.  When they have some sort of question pop into their wacky little heads, I want them to wonder "I wonder what my mom would have done in this case" and already know the answer because they've heard my thoughts before.  I want them to know that I make mistakes because I've been crazy enough to put them all down in black and white.  I want them to know that I have a strong, deep, unwavering testimony of my faith. I know my God. I know my Savior.  I know they love me.  I know that I am a child of God and that my children are simply on loan from Him.  I want them to know that I know that. 

I want them to know that I'm funny. It's true. Sometimes I can make people laugh. At least a little bit. Really. Hey! Quit scoffing. It's true.  Okay, so I have to work on the funny. I'll make that a goal.  One bit of laughter for each family every single day whether they like it or not.


I've recently started working on family history, and I think that's when it occurred to me. I see all these names, dates, special events on paper, and I wonder to myself, "What were they like? What did they love? What broke their hearts?  What was their greatest treasure?  What was their great love story?".  So, Facebook is great. It's a perfect place to put my snippets and funny thoughts so I remember to blog them.  It's not enough, though.  It all needs to be written in full. So, here I am. I will put it all in writing and...well...it's likely no one will even notice or comment or really take much notice, but at least it will be here. Someday that might actually matter to someone. That's enough for me.  That, and the fact that someone somewhere may find me to be even a little bit funny. 

Byron took this picture of the kids and me visiting Frontier Santa at a local festival after Aiden's shift as Tiny Tim.  What an amazing holiday season we had!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Yay for the bandwagon! For what it's worth, I think you are hilarious!!

yitzchakjabs said...

Play Sega Genesis/Megadrive Games in Blue Titanium
The Sega Genesis/Megadrive games in titanium chain Blue titanium mens ring Titanium titanium aftershokz include, Taito, งานออนไลน์ Master System, Game Boy, TurboGrafx-16, Master System, titanium belly ring Game Gear, Super Nintendo,