Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Gosh Darn Mushy Gooshy Pregnant Hormones!

You know, if someone is going to post something heart wrenching on YouTube, the least they could do is put some sort of disclaimer suggesting that pregnant women not watch unless they want to be forced to go running to take out stock in the Kleenex company.

I don't tend to be that outwardly emotional, except to people who know me really well. It's a whole other ball game when I'm pregnant, though. Sheesh! What do I not cry about? They get new apples at Wal-Mart, and I'm just so touched by it that I can't help but well up with tears. A new bird builds a nest in my poison ivy vine and I find it to be so amazing that any creature can be at peace there that I must take a moment to soak it all in. Gag!!! What is wrong with me??? Oh, I remember. I'm knocked up. Again.

So, I couldn't sleep tonight and decided to watch some videos from America's Got Talent on YouTube. What happens? A sweet little kid gets up and sings a song. I'm all gooey mushy over it. Some trio gets up with a Russian stick and does a cool routine. Again, I'm all mushy about it. Yuck! We won't even talk about the guy who sang "Walking in Memphis" or the opera guy or the violin players. I didn't get too worked up over the Brittany Spears impersonator, but maybe I was having a better moment at that time...or I just don't like Brittany that much...or both. Who knows? We won't even discuss what happened when I watched The Bachelorette season finale. I'm still not sure she chose the right guy, but who cares? He made her eyes twinkle, and that made me all sappy again.

Surely there is a cure for this problem in pregnant women. Surely there aren't millions of knocked up chicks out there just crying at the drop of a hat because their hormones are all whacked out. Or maybe there are. I don't know, but this has got to stop. I prefer people to believe I have ice running through my veins. What will the mushiness do for my image?!? Dang! I'm getting all mushy again. I just saw my two cats cuddling, and that did me in.

No comments: