Sunday, August 22, 2010
The New House
I've mentioned a bit here and there about the amazing new house we bought. I finally have some pictures to put up for you to enjoy it as much as we do. There are a few things about it that I love most. Here's my top ten list: (Yes, I have a top ten list for everything. Just be glad it isn't a top 100 list or something).
10. We are in a really safe, beautiful neighborhood.
9. When I walk on the floor in the entry, it creaks just like the hard wood in the house I grew up in.
8. The cabinets and closets are AMAZING. I have more storage than I have stuff. That hasn't happened ever before.
7. Stairs. I love having stairs.
6. We have tons of picture windows on teh main floor. I love looking out and seeing so many trees and green. It's going to be amazing in the fall.
5. A fully finished basement. Aiden has a bedroom down there, Byron has a "man cave" storage room, and there is a huge play area, too.
4. Built in bookshelves surrounding the fire place. They look so pretty, though they're a little naked right now. I haven't a thing to put on them.
3. 3 1/2 bathrooms. No more competing to use the restroom or having all the kids take baths in my bathroom!!
2. Four seasons. I know the house doesn't control the seasons, but it's in a place where we'll experience four full seasons.
1. All this space for the kids to run!!! It's so amazing to be able to send them somewhere else to play. Yay!
I took about 40 pictures total, and I realize this is just five of them. I couldn't decide what to post, and let's be honest. Ya'll don't really care to see every detail of my house. Well, maybe you do because you're some crazy person who is casing the joint hoping I'll go out for a while so you can rob me blind. Let me save you a little trouble by sharing two important facts. 1. We just got a security system and it works. 2. We haven't got one single thing in this house worth stealing. You'd be wasting your time.