Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I Just Figured It Out

Last night, I decided that I needed to spend HOURS on end dipping little pretzels in chocolate and then into sprinkles to make Christmas gifts. Lovely gift, I know. But definately not something I'd typically do.

Then, this morning, I woke up and decided that I just HAD to strip all the kids' beds and wash all their sheets today. While the laundry was going, I decided that the master bedroom needed to be completely cleaned, the baby's bed washed and made with fresh sheets, the carseat ready to go, the changing table cleaned and stocked with tiny little diapers, and baby clothes ready to go. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!

After it was all said and done, I looked around and realized something. I'd heard rumor of it for the past several months, but I hadn't really take it seriously. Rumors are just rumors, right? But, looking around today, I realized it was totally true.

What did I figure out today? I AM HAVING A BABY in just over two weeks!!! ME!!! There is a baby in there, and he is coming out SOON. And then, he's coming home to live with us and be a part of our family. AHHHHHH!!!!!!

I took a few minutes to breathe deeply while this wild new realization kicked in. I think I'm almost to a point where I might be okay with having another kiddo in the house. If I'm not to that point, I guess I'd better get there soon because it is apparently happening whether I like it or not.

So, there you go. That's what I figured out today. It's still a little bit of a shock to me, so if you see me around town, be gentle. I'm likely to spontaneously combust at any point. If it's not having another baby that makes me do it, it'll be something one of the kids I already have does to me.

*breathing deeply into my little brown paper bag*

2 comments:

queen~e said...

Oh, that is overwhelming... but also WONDERFUL! I can't wait to hear about all the joy (or should I say 'poop'?)this new bundle brings to your family!

Try to nap sometime between now and his birthday!

sjmiller said...

You have to love those nesting urges! We had that freak out moment on the way to the hospital. My water broke 2 weeks before Wyatt's due date. We were really shocked, and totally not prepared. (Figuring we had at least another week left to prepare.)