Monday, December 15, 2008

I Would Like 45 Robots Please

Saturday night was our church Christmas party. When Santa came in, the Beast asked me if that was his daddy. (He knows the King has a suit, too.) I said, "Nope, that's your dad right over there", and pointed the King out. At this point, the Beast's eyes got huge and he realized this really WAS Santa Clause. Immediately he had to jump in line to talk to the dear old elf.

After bouncing up and down and just itching to get his turn, it finally came. He jumped up there, and showed Santa the new shoes he'd purchased that day. (They weren't on his feet. He needed Santa to see details, so he took the shoes off for closer inspection-silly kid.) Finally, Santa was able to help direct the conversation to the Beast's list.

"I would like robots, please". This didn't surprise me because robots have been on his mind a lot lately. The next comment did surprise me a little bit, though. "Actually, I would like 45 robots, please". Ummmm.....hmmmm.....I'm not sure how Santa is going to make that happen. Last time I spoke with Santa, he didn't even have one single robot on his list for the Beast. He is interested in hearing if anyone knows where Santa might find a robot appropriate for a five year old, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today! Can't wait to hear about your newest guy!