Sunday, January 10, 2010

What Mom Doesn't Blog Christmas???

I keep meaning to make it back to my blog and record all the fabulous details of every single day, you know, in my free time. It must be obvious how much free time I have based on the fact that my dog had to write our Christmas letters. Not that it's a legitimate excuse, but whatever works, right?

Suffice it to say that Christmas this year was PERFECT. There was absolutely nothing fancy about it. No huge presents found their way under the tree, Santa only partly threw up in our living room, and we didn't have any fancy dinners. Still, it was perfect.

This was the first year out of three that we were all home together and none of us were in the hospital. I had five healthy, very happy children all home with me all happily enjoying their new Christmas treasures.

Number One and The Beast each got a Nintendo DS. They were delighted. Pretty got a new bed for her baby doll as well as The Little Mermaid costume, doll, and movie. She's pretty sure she was meant to be a mermaid in her next life, I think. Snort got some new building blocks and a magna-doodle. Little Guy got himself a new shape sorter and some rubber duckies. They were all quite pleased, and enjoyed their day.

Instead of a fancy dinner, we opted to have yummy finger foods and spend the evening playing board games together. It's sort of a tradition the King has with his family that he has really taken pride in hanging on to.

So, I don't have any pictures of Christmas. Yes, I know it's Little Guy's first Christmas. I don't even have tons of fabulous details of the day. Suffice it to say, though, that we enjoyed being together as a family.

No comments: